- Nevada AG: Bloomberg-Backed Background Checks Would Not Have Prevented Las Vegas Attack October 24, 2017Because Nevada is one of the states in which Michael Bloomberg-funded Everytown for Gun Safety campaigned relentlessly for universal background checks in 2016, it is important to note that such checks would have done absolutely nothing to prevent the October 1 Las Vegas attack.
- Maxine Waters: Trump ‘Talks Down to People of Color,’ Treats ‘Them With Disrespect’ October 24, 2017Monday on MSNBC’s “The Beat,” Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) discussed White House chief of staff John Kelly’s comments about Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-FL) over the disputed phone call President Donald Trump made to Sgt. La David Johnson’s widow. Waters said President Donald Trump had “this tendency to talk down to people of color, to treat […]
- Trump’s Immigration Policies Match Public Opinion, Polls Show October 24, 2017President Donald Trump's two-track immigration policy is a close match for Americans' dual-track American-jobs-first view of immigration, according to polls and immigration experts.
- First Lady Melania Trump Travels to Michigan Middle School to Address Bullying October 24, 2017First lady Melania Trump visited Orchard Lake Middle School in Michigan on Monday as part of National Bullying Prevention Month
- Steve Bannon Dismisses Claims Trump is Isolationist, Hails ISIS Defeat in Raqqa October 23, 2017Steve Bannon told a Hudson Institute audience Monday that Trump’s “America First” stance does not mean that he is an isolationist.
- Nevada AG: Bloomberg-Backed Background Checks Would Not Have Prevented Las Vegas Attack October 24, 2017
Reason for Joining the TEA Party:
Melanie Graft is the wife of Mike Graft and mother to three small children.
Born in California, raised in Wisconsin and blessed to move to Texas in 1999, she resides in Granbury Texas.
In May of 2015, she found herself in the middle of heated debate over LGBT children’s books after a regular visit to the library with her four-year-old daughter. While visiting the library her daughter picked up a book, entitled, This Day in June. This book is a picture book for ages 4-8 of an LGBT pride parade. Her daughter unfortunately opened to the page with 2 men kissing and Melanie was left to explain this. After a simple request to have the book and several others like it in the children’s section of the library moved to a more appropriate area she was thrown into a media frenzy and personally attacked by the head librarian, ACLU, ALA, county commissioners and county judge. The county commissioners court ruled against parental rights and age appropriateness. This has inspired Melanie to speak to others to inform them on how to locate these books and how to stand against the LGBT agenda and defend our children’s innocence. She hopes to encourage and inspire others to take a stand for our children.
In her free time, she enjoys reading, running, weight training, traveling, riding her dirt bike and skydiving.
“Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.” Thomas Paine